Ring 3 Events Schedule
A huge thank you to those members entering our Kata Tournament this Saturday, remember our competition is for the purposes of enjoyment. Win, lose or draw, everybody will be awarded a certificate just for taking part. Best of luck to everyone who is brave enough to put themselves out there on the mat.
Parents and supporters are always welcome and it is free to spectate. All students under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult. Below you will find extra information and the schedule of events for Ring 3.
Date: Saturday 27th February
The Co-operative Academy of Manchester Sports Hall
Plant Hill Road
There is plenty of free parking at the venue. Tea, coffee, sandwiches, snacks and cakes will be available to purchase on the day at reasonable prices and we have arranged R.G Photography (a professional martial arts photography company) to take photos on the day. Action shots and winning moments will be available to purchase at the event or view and purchase online a few days after.
All students need to turn up at least 20 minutes before the start of your event to register with the Ring Runner. It is advisable that you warm up and practise before competing as there will not be a chance to do it once your event begins. Do not forget to bring your license with you.
Ring three is the furthest ring away when you enter the Sports Hall.
Please make sure you check all three rings for your name. If you cannot see your name or you think you may have been placed in the wrong category, please contact your own Instructor and let them know. Alternatively, you can send an email to: email@example.com and I will resolve the situation for you.
Events will run to a tight schedule so please make sure you are where you are supposed to be at the right time. All Katas will be scored, then the top four will compete in a semi-final with the winning two competing again in a final. Medals, certificates and trophies will be awarded immediately after the event.
Good luck to everyone and we look forward to hosting another enjoyable and successful day.
Ring 3 Events Schedule:
- Time: 10.00am-10.30am
- Age: 9-12 years
- Grades: Yellow Belts
- Names: Adam Paksy, Tom Healey, Ellie Laytham, Lexie Buckley, Matthew Harrington, Darcey Mason, Amy O’ Donovan, Hayden Peake.
- Time: 10.30am-10.50am
- Age: 6-7 years
- Grades: Green Belts, Purple Belts and Purple and White Belts
- Names: Freyja Lundin, Courney Newsham, Noah Vernon, Alfie Dodd, Megan Dale, Ethan Kirk, Lukas Riewald-Pilling.
- Time: 10.50am-11.15am
- Age: 10 years
- Grades: Purple and White Belts Belts
- Names: Adam Bennett, Joe Finney, Kevin Longthorne, Kairo Fellone, Harrison Nabb, Ellen Conyard, Rosie Morriss, Olivia Fagan.
- Time: 11.15am-11.35am
- Age: 10-12 years
- Grades: 1st Kyu Boys
- Names: Matthew Sheard, Jack Fisher, Jonty Johnson, Joshua Knox, Matthew Affleck.
- Time: 11.35am-11.50am
- Age: 15-16 years
- Grades: Black Belts
- Names: Bradley Kancho-Bowker, Connor Cherry, Phill Burton, Greg Burton.
- Time: 11.50pm-12.20pm
- Age: 11-12 years
- Grades: 1st Kyu and 2nd Kyu Girls
- Names: Georgie Dyal, Cerys Hall, Bonnie-Rae Adams, Jasmine Johnston, Keeley Barton, Isabelle Wilkie, Mia Dickerson.
- Time: 12.20pm-12.50pm
- Age: Adult Males
- Grades: Purple and White Belts and Below
- Names: Lee Rylance, Will Perrin, Pete Stansfield, Brendan Conyard, Tom Darkey, Anthony Greenough, John O’ Donovan, Zlatko Popovski
- Time: 12.50pm-1.15pm
- Age: 7-9 years
- Grades: Purple and White Belts and Brown Belts Girls
- Names: Ella Rylance, Lola Girault, Isabella Baron, Ava Hanson, Isabelle Hair, Lola Fellone, Holly Dale.
- Time: 1.15pm-1.30pm
- Age: 14 years
- Grades: Male Black Belts
- Names: Sam Jackson, Lewis Thomas, Louis Standring.
Event 10: Junro Kata – Brown Belts Open
- Time: 1.30pm-1.50pm
- Age: Juniors
- Grades: Brown Belts, 2nd Kyu and 1st Kyu
- Names: Ava Nicholson, Mia Dickerson, James Sherlock, Marcus Chorlton, Jonty Johnson, Jasmine Johnston, Keeley Barton, Matthew Affleck, Jaime Pratley.
Event 11: Siblings Kata Junior Grades
- Time: 1.50pm-2.30pm
- Age: Juniors
- Grades: All – Heian Godan and below
- Olivia Prince and Grace Prince – Heain Shodan
- Holly and Megan Dale – Heian Godan
- Isobel Howard and Leo Howard – Heain Shodan
- Thomas Dolan and Liam Dolan –
- Scarlett Norman and Edward Norman – Heain Shodan
- Kairo and Lola Fellone –
- Ethan Kirk and Jacob Kirk: Heian Godan
- Sam and Katy Lees – Heain Shodan
- Betty Eccles and Archie Eccles – Heian Godan
- Kyle Girault and Lola Girault – Heian Godan
- Hsanat, Hirra and Hammed Ahmed
Event 12: Pairs Kata Junior Grades
- Time: 2.30pm-3.00pm
- Age: Juniors
- Grades: All – Tekki Shodan and below
- Pairs Kata
- Jasmine Johnstone and Ellie Laytham
- Alfie Smethurst and Lukas Riewald-Pilling – Heian Sandan
- Ethan Kirk and Jacob Kirk – Heian Godan
- Olivia Fagan and Charlie Myers – Heian Sandan
- Molly Austin Hogsden and John Riley – Heain Sandan
- Millie Dodd and Alfie Dodd – Heain Sandan
- Priya Bradley and Clara Heim – Heian Shodan
- Max Colville and Joseph Hughes – Heain Shodan
- Matthew Harrington and Harrison Nabb
- Ella Rylance and Amy O Donovan – Tekki Shodan
- Jayden Popovski and Corey Stevens – Heain Yondan
- Dominic Walton and Rory Corran
- Bonnie Rae Adams and Ellen Conyard
- Rosie Morriss and Dan Hartley
- Cerys Hall and Ava Hanson – Tekki Shodan
- Lola Girault and Betty Eccles
- Ellis Pindoria-Stott and Marcus Chorlton
- Adam Paksy and Luke Robertson
- Joe Finney and Luke Hopkinson
- Billy Moore and Sam Lees – Heain Shodan