Ring 3 Events Schedule
Thank you for entering our Kata Tournament, remember our competition is for the purposes of enjoyment. Win, lose or draw, everybody will be awarded a certificate just for taking part. Best of luck to everyone who is brave enough to put themselves out there on the mat.
Parents and supporters are always welcome and it is free to spectate. All students under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult. Below you will find extra information and the schedule of events for Ring 3.
Date: Sunday 5th March
Matthew Moss High School
Matthew Moss Lane
Postcode: OL11 3LU
There is plenty of free parking at the venue. Tea, coffee, sandwiches, snacks and cakes will be available to purchase on the day at reasonable prices.
All students need to turn up at least 20 minutes before the start of your event to register with the Ring Runner. It is advisable that you warm up and practise before competing as there will not be a chance to do it once your event begins. Do not forget to bring your license with you.
Please make sure you check all three rings for your name. If you cannot see your name or you think you may have been placed in the wrong category, please contact your own Instructor and let them know. Alternatively, you can send an email to: email@example.com and I will resolve the situation for you.
Events will run to a tight schedule so please make sure you are where you are supposed to be at the right time. All Katas will be judged using the Red and Blue Flag system, then the top four will compete in a semi-final and the scoring will go to points. Medals, certificates and trophies will be awarded immediately after the event.
Good luck to everyone and we look forward to hosting another enjoyable and successful day.
Ring 3 Events Schedule:
Event 1: Junior Team Kata Lower Grades
- Time: 10.30am-11am
- Names: Matthew Harrington, Liam Dolan and Thomas Dolan, Grace Merriman, Freddie Lever and Ruben Smith, Robynn McNally, Ella Young and Akeccia Mutaki, Frankie Doran, Milly Anastasiadis and Roxanna Zadeh, Poppy Evans, Darcey Mason and Luke Evans.
Event 2: 6-8 Years Red Belts
- Time: 11am-11.20am
- Age: 6-8 Years
- Grades: Red Belts
- Names: Ian Omer, Jack Singh, Grace Merriman, Jack Doolan, Yousef Kedjour, Alfie Davies, Ryan Bailey, Oscar Thompson.
Event 3: Family Kata
- Time: 11.20am-12pm
- Age: Any
- Grades: Any
- Names: Tom Darkey and Jacob Darkey, Lilly O’Donovan, Amy O’ Donovan and John O’Donovan, Aurelie Girault, Kyle Girault and Lola Girault Dean Knox, Joshua Knox and Emily Knox, Lee Rylance and Ella Rylance, Dave Thomas and Lewis Thomas, Sharon Sharrock and Christopher Sharrocks, Anthony Cristoforo and William Cristoforo, Sarah Evans, Paul Evans, Poppy Evans and Luke Evans, Bruce Smith, Oliver Smith, Eloise Smith and Rosanna Smith, Catherine Johnson and Louis Johnson, Ellen Conyard and Brendan Conyard.
Event 4: 10-11 Years Orange to Yellow Belts
- Time: 12pm-12.30pm
- Age: 10- 11 Years
- Grades: Orange, Red and Yellow Belts
- Names: Eloise Smith, Venelin Dzhankov, Adam Pickard, Cameron Bailey, Bradley Oliver, Daniel Smith, Christopher Sharrocks, Isobel Pritchard, Joel Mander, Ella Marie-Young.
Event 5: Adult Males up to Purple and White Belt
- Time: 12.30pm-1pm
- Age: 18 Years and above
- Grades: All Grades up to Purple and White Belts
- Names: Anthony Greenhough, Graham Jenkins, Bruce Smith, Pawel Sobocinski, David Smith, Jamie Padron, Paul Evans, Andy Matanle.
Event 6: Adult Females Open Grade
- Time: 1pm-1.30pm
- Age: 18 Years and above
- Grades: Open Grade
- Names: Sarah Evans, Nicole Chadwick, Helen Dolan, Emma Ginn, Sharon Sharrocks, Su Matthews, Nicole Chadwick.
Break for lunch
Event 7: 12-14 Years Red To Purple Belt and 17 year old Green Belt
- Time: 2pm-2.30pm
- Age: 12-14 years plus one 17 year old Green Belt
- Grades: Red Belt, Green Belt and Purple Belt
- Names: Olivia Prince, Catherine Vernum, Jo Woodman, Amy o Donovan, Niamh Lysaght, Darcy Mason, Samantha Brookes, Tom Healey
Event 8: 9-11 Years Males Purple and White Belts and Brown Belts
- Time: 2.30pm-3pm
- Age: 9-11 Years
- Grades: Purple and White Belts and Brown Belts
- Names: Ren Smith, Sonny Millington, Corey Stevens, Jonathan Seaton, Christopher Lysaght, Ethan Green.
Event 9: Age 10-11 Years 2nd Kyu Males
- Time: 3pm-3.30pm
- Age: 10-11 Years
- Grades: 2nd Kyu Males
- Names: Jacob Kirk, Adam Bennett, Kevin Longthorne, Kai Foley, Zak Thomas-Blackhurst, John Riley, Finlay McLennan.
Event 10: Junior Team Kata Higher Grades
- Time: 3.30pm-4.00pm
- Age: Any
- Grades: Any
- Names: Molly Austin-Hogsden, Lori-Ann Moran, Sam Jackson, Leah Clare, Abby Fielding and Georgie Dyal, Holly Dale, Lola Girault and Izzy Baron, Marcus Chorlton, Lola Fellone and Courteney Alty, John Riley, Jacob Kirk and Alex Gallacher, Danny Silverwood, Louis Johnson and Matthew Affleck, Jaime Pratley, Ava Nicholson and Ciaran Abbott, Ellis Pindoria-Stott, Kyle Girault and ?.