Ring 1 Events Schedule
Thank you for entering our Kata Tournament, remember our competition is for the purposes of enjoyment. Win, lose or draw, everybody will be awarded a certificate just for taking part. Best of luck to everyone who is brave enough to put themselves out there on the mat.
Parents and supporters are always welcome and it is free to spectate. All students under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult. Below you will find extra information and the schedule of events for Ring 1.
Date: Sunday 5th March
Matthew Moss High School
Matthew Moss Lane
Postcode: OL11 3LU
There is plenty of free parking at the venue. Tea, coffee, sandwiches, snacks and cakes will be available to purchase on the day at reasonable prices.
All students need to turn up at least 20 minutes before the start of your event to register with the Ring Runner. It is advisable that you warm up and practise before competing as there will not be a chance to do it once your event begins. Do not forget to bring your license with you.
Please make sure you check all three rings for your name. If you cannot see your name or you think you may have been placed in the wrong category, please contact your own Instructor and let them know. Alternatively, you can send an email to: email@example.com and I will resolve the situation for you.
Events will run to a tight schedule so please make sure you are where you are supposed to be at the right time. All Katas will be judged using the Red and Blue Flag system, then the top four will compete in a semi-final and the scoring will go to points. Medals, certificates and trophies will be awarded immediately after the event.
Good luck to everyone and we look forward to hosting another enjoyable and successful day.
Ring 1 Events Schedule:
Event 1: White Belts Under 16 Years
- Time: 10.30am-11am
- Age: Under 16 years
- Grades: White Belts
- Names: Rebecca Jeffries, Mason Caruana, Kaleb Lucas, Roxanna G. Zadeh, Riley Timlin.
Event 2: Adult Junro Kata and Adult Team Kata
- Time: 11am-11.30am
- Age: 18 Years and Above
- Grades: All
- Names: Graham Jenkins, Daryl Brady, Mark Ellicott, Lee Rylance, Emma Ginn, Nicole Chadwick, Connor Cherry.
followed by Adult Team Kata:
- Lee Rylance, Nicole Chadwick and Mark Ellicott
- Dave Thomas, Brendan Conyard and Lewis Thomas
- Su Matthews, Ron Matthews and Daryl Brady
- Paul Evans, Sarah Evans and Jo Woodman
Event 3: Age 6-7 Years Yellow to Green Belts and 6 year old Purple Belts
- Time: 11.30am-12pm
- Age: 6-7 years
- Grades: Yellow and Green and 6 year old Purple Belts
- Names: Oliver Murray, Katy Lees, Edward Norman, William Cristoforo, Kaiden Hindley, Rosanna Smith, James Caldwell-Hayes, Kai Van Dongen.
Event 4: Age 7-8 Years Purple Belts and Purple and White Belts
- Time: 12pm-12.30pm
- Age: 7-8 years
- Grades: Purple Belts and Purple and White Belts
- Names: Megan Dale, Emily Knox, Freyja Lundin, Giuseppe Pezzino, Zak Gould, Luke Evans, Scarlett Norman.
Event 5: Age 12-15 Years Purple Belts and Purple and White Belts
- Time: 12.30pm-1pm
- Age: 12-15 years
- Grades: Purple and White Belts
- Names: Adam Paksy Thomas Collin, Oliver Smith, Gina Farrance, Katie Davies, Darcy Mason, Lucy Davies.
Event 6: Age 7-9 Years Yellow Belts to Green Belts
- Time: 1pm-1.30pm
- Age: 7-9 Years
- Grades: Yellow and Green Belts
- Names: Macauley Bamber, Alex Ryan, Bruce Terry, Daniella Seaton, Maksymilian Sobocinski, Owen Gregson, Demi McDonagh, Charlotte Griffiths.
Break for lunch
Event 7: Age 9 Green Belts to Brown Belts
- Time: 2pm-2.30pm
- Age: 9 Years
- Grades: Green Belts, Purple Belts, Purple and White Belts and Brown Belts
- Names: Lola Girault, Betty Eccles, Noah Green, Ruben Smith, Grace Prince, Jorja Hughes
Event 8: 10-11 Years Green to Purple and White Belts
- Time: 2.30pm-3pm
- Age: 10-11 Years
- Grades: Green Belts, Purple Belts, Purple and White Belts
- Names: Sam Lees, Poppy Evans, Betsy Bullen, Abby Fryer, Nils Van Dongen, William Towler, Aaron Jefferson, Ava Baker, Daisy Parton, Joseph Hughes, Xander Matanle.
Event 9: 15-17 Years Male Black Belts
- Time: 3pm-3.30pm
- Age: 15-17 Years
- Grades: Black Belt
- Names: Connor Cherrynater, Lewis Thomas, Phillip Burton, Greg Burton, Chris Dempsey, Sam Jackson
Event 10: Junior Pairs Kata Higher Grades
- Time: 3.30pm-4pm
- Age: Any
- Grades: Mixed
- Greg and Phill Burton
- Sam Jackson and Lori-Ann Moran
- Marcus Chorlton and Lola Fellone
- Megan Waters and Adam Bennett
- John Riley and Jacob Kirk
- Izzy Baron and Ellis Pindoria-Stott
- Emma Knights and Olivia Fagan
- Jonty Johnson and Jack Fisher
- Louis Johnson and Matthew Affleck
- Kevin Longthorne and Kyle Girault
- Ava Nicholson and Jaime Pratley
- Alex Gallacher and Ethan Kirk
- Daniel Hartley and Rosie Morriss
- Joss Hall and Priya Bradley
- Abby Fielding and Leah Clare
- Molly Austin Hogsden and Zak Thomas-Blackhurst
- Jack Fisher and Jonty Johnson