We hope you are well. It is safe to say that classes will be remaining on ZOOM throughout February and as always, we will try to make the best of a bad situation!
Last month we brought you:
- Over 150 evening and weekend classes.
- Over 30 students took part in 1:1 zoom training.
- We ran our Spoony Face competition (results in a separate email to follow).
- Medals have been sent out for Student of the Month
- We had 2 very challenging Super-fit Sundays with Paul W Sensei
- We brought the number 1 kumite fighter in England; Joe Kellaway to teach you movement drills in the safety of your living room.
We have no plans to slow down. We will carry on bringing you the best tuition from the loveliest people. This is why we are the number 1 club in Greater Manchester. We are smashing this pandemic!
Dojo classes will only resume when it is safe to do so. ZOOM is the only alternative we have to continue reaching your goals and keeping sharp.
This month, the Club Timetable will remain the same. You can train with your usual Instructor in your usual class to keep up your weekly routine. The APP has been updated and everything is available to book now. In addition to the Club Timetable we have the following special classes:
- Weekly Black Belt Training with Paul Wolstencroft on Monday evenings 7.30-8.15pm for Shodans, 8.15pm-9pm for Nidans and above. You are welcome to train with our Sensei’s in both sessions if you are a Shodan. Pay for 1, get both.
- Open Squad Class every Wednesday 7.30-8.30pm with Paul W Sensei, Mike Baron Sensei and Grace Baron. (All welcome).
- Kyu Grading to take place on the 7th February. All places have been filled. Times will be allocated and emailed out over the next couple of days.
- Super-fit Sunday open to all – parents included (no karate – it’s just a killer fitness class) with Paul W Sensei on Sunday 14th and Sunday 28th February.
- Shodan preparation class on Friday 5th and 19th February with Paul Sensei
- Nidan preparation class on Friday 12th and 26th February
- 1:1 training with Debbie Sensei, Callum Sensei and Paul W Sensei with prices starting from just £5
- Joe Kellaway Kumite Course (confirmed) 11am-12pm and Junior Le Fevre Sensei (TBC) Kata Course 12.15pm-1.15pm on Sunday 21st February. Special discount available for those who do both courses.
- Cobra-Kai Karate Kid Video Competition for all our juniors. Details to be announced next week, free of charge to enter and prizes will be posted out to the lucky winners.
- February Student of the Month – chosen by each Sensei
All ZOOM classes cost £6 per household. Special events may be extra depending on costs incurred.
If more than one person trains you DO NOT need to book more than once. Our Instructors will make sure each family member that trains will get their attendance.
LINKS WILL BE SENT OUT VIA EMAIL BETWEEN 4PM AND 5PM WEEKNIGHTS AND BY 9.30AM AT WEEKEND.
As much as we are missing each other, we must do the right thing and follow the Government guidelines. There is so much to look forward to and keep us busy this month. I have added the timetable below if you are wanting to try other classes or pick up extra.
Please take advantage of this opportunity to train with whoever you want to and improve your karate.
Lastly, we wold like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has trained throughout January, for your effort and commitment. You are keeping us going just as much as we are keeping you going. Your support is appreciated and will never be forgotten. We are GRATEFUL!
Weekly Timetable is below for February
Instructors and Black Belts class with Paul Wolstencroft Sensei
Instructors and Nidans and above with Paul Wolstencroft Sensei
Stoneclough class with Callum Sensei
Horwich class with Daryl Sensei
Reddish class with Rob and Rachael Sensei
Radcliffe and Chantlers class with John Dolan and John O Donovan Sensei
Altrincham class with Debbie Sensei
Darwen Class with Jo Sensei
Chesham class with Teresa Sensei
Handforth and Heald Green class with Debbie and Karen Sensei
Holcombe Brook class with Bernie Sensei
Reddish class with Rachael Wolstencroft Sensei
Little Lever class with Callum Sensei
Squad Class (open to all) with Paul W and Mike B Sensei
Whitefield class with Helen D Sensei
Holcombe Brook class with Mike and Leesa Sensei
Stockton Heath class with Jon C Sensei
Timperley and Standish class with Paul W and Mike B Sensei
Swinton class with Tony D and Su Sensei
Elton class with Paul and Rachael W Sensei
Flixton and Sale class with Debbie and Dave Sensei
Chesham class with Denise Sensei
Stretford/Kings Road class with Rob Sensei
Nidan/Shodan Preparation class with Paul W Sensei alternates weekly
Handforth class with Paul W Sensei
Darwen class with Gary Sensei
Stoneclough class with Emma and Daryl Sensei
Special events will be running every Sunday detailed above