We will remain open with all classes operating as usual this week.
The Club and our Instructors are closely monitoring advice from both the Government and NHS England.
The health and safety of our members and Instructor team are our number one priority and we will strictly adhere to all guidelines put in place over the next few days and weeks to come. Our classes may be affected if the Government opt to close the Schools so please check the website again if this announcement is made.
We would urge our members and families to following the advice as outlined by NHS England with regards to preventing the spread of virus’s or infections.
Put quite simply, if you are fine; there is no reason to avoid coming to karate. Keep fit and healthy. Whilst in the dojo, we should all keep our hands and equipment clean at all times. There are hand washing facilities at every venue.
Here is the current NHS advice on staying safe and keeping well:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Should you feel unwell with a high temperature or a new continuous cough, stay at home for 7 days. Do not come to karate and follow Government and NHS advice:
All of our upcoming events are subject to change/cancellation so we won’t be taking any bookings/payments. If we are able to run events or gradings over the next couple of months, they will be pay on the day.
Stay safe and look after one another – OSS!