Thank you to everyone who booked onto classes last week and throughout October. Spaces are filling up fast.
Thank you all for your co-operation with the EKF COVID-safe guidelines. We have made this work so far and are determined to continue to do so. We can still teach you properly and help you improve your karate with the restrictions put in place, whilst putting yours and our safety first. Everyone so far has been respecting the rules so keep up the great work.
Remember if you start to experience COVID-19 symptoms, do not come to class. Please stay at home.
There are a few classes with spaces for next week so it’s not too late to book on. May we also remind you that we are running ZOOM classes every weeknight. Places at ZOOM classes are unlimited and it costs just £6 per household. This needs to be booked via the APP by 4pm. I send the ZOOM links out each night at 4pm. If you have booked via the APP and are on the class list, you will automatically receive the link. If you book later than 4pm for that evening, you might not receive the link.
We are also offering ZOOM Unlimited whereby you pay £30 for 1 month of ZOOM classes. I will send you a ZOOM link to classes every single night for this one off payment.
Please note we have changed the times of the Tuesday and Thursday sessions to offer an extra option for those who cannot start as early as 6pm.
- Monday 6-7pm – Louise Hopkinson Sensei – unlimited spaces
- Tuesday 7-8pm – Mike and Leesa Beckwith Sensei – unlimited spaces
- Wednesday 6-7pm – Debbie and Dave Sensei – unlimited spaces
- Thursday 7-8pm – Emma Ginn Sensei – unlimited spaces
- Friday 6pm-7pm – Sensei TBC – unlimited spaces
There are quite a few classes that are sold out. Please check throughout the week as places do become available from time to time. We have the following spaces available at our dojos (correct as of 12pm – 5/10):
Monday 5th October
- Tottington with Leesa Sensei – 6 places
- Romiley with Callum Sensei – 1 place
- Little Lever with Nicole Sensei – 6 places
- Smithills Bolton with Lily and Lee Sensei- 9 places
Tuesday 6th October
- Prestolee class with Callum Sensei – 9 places
- Stockton Heath with Jon Sensei – 8 places
- Claypool Horwich with Daryl Sensei – 7 places
Wednesday 7th October
- Whitefield with Helen and John Sensei – 5 places
- Holcombe Brook with Bernie Sensei- 6 places
- Little Lever Class with Callum Sensei – 3 places
- Chesham Primary with Teresa Sensei – 1 place
Thursday 8th October
- Standish with Mike Baron Sensei – 5 places
- Swinton with Tony D Sensei – 3 places
- Stockton Heath with Jon Sensei – 9 places
Friday 9th October
- Sale St Francis with Debbie Sensei – 10 places
- Kings Road (At Stretford dojo) with Rob Sensei – 3 places
- Chesham with Denise Sensei – 6 places
- Flixton Class with Dave Sensei – 1 place
Saturday 10th October
- Handforth Junior Grades with Paul W Sensei – 8 places
- Stoneclough with Emma Sensei – 2 places
Students are able cancel their place(s) at classes via the APP 24 hours before the start time. You can either request a ZOOM link or have credit for a future class. You will need to contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of student, your request and reason for cancelling.
We have also noticed students booking on a class without paying, training and then paying afterwards. Then if they don’t turn up, they haven’t paid. This is not fair on other students or the Instructor who has made a class plan appropriate for those they are expecting to teach. To reserve a space at a class you must pay for that class in advance. If this continues in October, all bookings that are not paid for in advance, will be cancelled and spaces will be re-allocated to somebody on the waiting list.
The date of the next ZOOM Grading will be Sunday 1st November. Booking will be via the APP and on a first come, first served basis. Places will be automatically allocated to those on retakes. You will be able to book from Monday 19th October until Monday 26th October or until all spaces are filled (whichever comes sooner). There are no current plans to restart an dojo grading events. ZOOM gradings (although not ideal) are our safest option at the moment.
Matt Price Sensei 6th Dan and JKS England Head Squad Coach will be doing a free 1 hour ZOOM for us this Sunday 11th October from 10am-11am.
We have 100 spaces available only and you will need to book your own space via the APP. There is no charge for this session and we expect all spaces to be taken.
Only book if you are definitely going to train and only one ZOOM link is needed per household. I can always add on all members of a household after the session so you get a mark for attendance.